"Hands are made for gentle things, and to work with."
~Mimi
Grateful for hands to hold
Mimi. We love her. Wish we didn't live so far away. Matt spent many a childhood day with her. She would say things like, "fun is fun...but silliness is something else again." My girls have come to know this saying along with the hand quote above. When they fight, Matt will say this out loud..."Hands are made for what?" (And they will repeat the saying.)...funny how it passes down.
Just like fun is fun. Fun IS fun. BUT, when it turns to silliness....I don't like that at all. (Mimi must not have liked the silliness either.)
Another saying that is said every single night from Mimi is, "Pleasant dreams, God loves you." The kids repeat it back. EVERY night, followed by "I love you to the moon and back"...which is passed down from my Grandma. I am grateful today, for hands to hold.
I believe that you are never too old to have your hand held by someone, or too cool, to young, whatever.
Holding some one's hand simply means..."I am here."
Mimi has held many hands. Look at them. They tell a story.
My Grandma's hands were the softest hands I have ever felt. I miss them.
Mine...my kids will tell you, are rough and cracked and bleed. (Welcome to hand washing and being a nurse). My Mom's are very soft, too.
My Dad's hands are strong. They tell a story. One hand was badly hurt, and oddly enough, following his surgery after his entire hand was crushed and fingers shattered, he fell asleep and had a dream. He had his hand dressed with bandages that were attached to an iv pole to keep it above his head.
It hurt him so bad, he cried. The dream: he fell asleep in the recliner, his hand got very warm, and for a moment or two, stopped hurting...and he felt so absolutely no pain.
He opened his eyes and his father...Stanley was there, holding his hand.
Hands are made for gentle things and to work with.
Hands tell a story or two.
Never pass up the opportunity to hold an elders hand, they have stories to pass on.
Never pass up the opportunity to hold a child's hand.
After all...the song says, "He's got the whole world in His hands."



No comments:
Post a Comment