Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 51


Stealing the tounge out of the dead bear skin to enhance the game of spoons

This may or may not have resulted in peeing of pants.  Can't tell you which parties. 

Spoons.  The game someone always pees at...no matter where its played.

"Aw, c'mon!! Put the damned bear tounge back where it goes, and I mean it!  Now that's enough!"
~Janice/Mom/Grammie

Grateful for games passed down

Well in this family, we have several games that have been passed down to us from way back.  Gram probably passed down the most games to us.  We learned how to play dice games, card games, board games, and our favorite....spoons. 
Spoons is a game where you know all hell will break loose, and it is not a quiet game, its loud.  Its fun.  You could lose a finger, an arm, maybe even an eye depending on who you are playing with.  There is always one less spoon than players.  The object: keep passing cards around the table until you get 4 of a kind...and when you do, grab a spoon...if you don't have 4 of a kind and someone else grabbed a spoon, you want to grab one before they are gone or you get an "S".  Each time you loose a round, you get a letter, and when you get "spoons"~ you are out.
In this game, Jason stole the tongue out of the bear, and decided to distract players by licking their faces.  Mom was horrified at first, but then began her infamous giggle...which was followed by Dad's quiet laugh that sounds like Sven from Ren and Stimpy.  Me~grabbed the camera cuz I knew what would happen.  The expressions here are priceless.  Someone peed.  Maybe more than one person peed... and when that happened, well...GAME OVER.  Our kids see the fun...and they see that games...card games, dice games, board games...are sometimes way more fun than the electronics.
Maybe they will pass these games down to their kids.  I hope they do.  Lots of memories are made around a table.  Memories that we will cherish forever.  I know I do. 
I can sit here now, and remember my Gram's laugh, her saying, "Oh, Colleenie, you got a "Sp-ooooohhhh"...and laughing.  I remember the twinkle in her eyes.  I remember Aunt Jean laughing and smiling with a "Ha-ha!...I got it!"  These are only a couple of things that I remember.  I could write a book about stories told, about smiles and laughter exchanged...about everything.
God Bless the kitchen table...where so many memories in my life have been made.  God Bless my family...and thank you all for the memories thus far in my life.
Games=together=love=memories.
Go play one.
<3



1 comment:

shannon taylor said...

oh my.... LOVE this post! makes me want to play more games with my kids