Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 67


Left to right Janelle, Jason, Tommy, Terri holding me, and Angela.  All of us in front of Dad's "ah-ooga" jeep


Grateful for parents

Today, I am feeling um....just sad...Uncle George's Mom isn't doing well, and if she passes, then that's just a lot for Uncle George to go through. 
Lots of loss for him lately.
I love my parents more than words can say.  I pretty much put them through hell and back growing up.  Makes me scared shitless for what my girls are going to put me through.  Matt and I just yesterday told my girls that "Mom spent A LOT of time in detention...but Daddy didn't." I explained my side of things, and so did he. I hope to hell my kids stay out of the "Mr. Tramp" office of their time.  I guess I just put my parents thru more than they needed to go thru.  I pushed every single button I could push....and then some.  And then some.  Dale Tramp would call pretty much weekly.  For me...or for Jason.  Jamie had a cloud following her going into AHS.  **sorry**
I am not going to tell you we didn't have fun, Jason and I, but nine times out of ten, I was the one that had just a little more than I should have, and he would leave me passed out in the truck for Mom and Dad to find me.  NICE.
Shit, I even one time called the freaking operator from my bedroom...because I just thought that was a great idea.  Why did I do that?  Just thought I would tell her I could not get off the floor and she should call my house to check on me.  I am so smart.....S>M>R<T....I mean S>M<A<R<T.
Needless to say, Janice was not impressed.  even a little bit.  It was (kinda) funny...really funny now.  But then...um...there was some teeth talking.
(I sooo inherited that gene cuz I do it to mine.)
I love my parents.  I pretty much owe them the world and then some with what I put them through.  This video is sad, but at the same time, so true.  I have worked with the elderly for 18 plus years.  They hold my heart.  I love them.  Every one...has a story, and listening to this again...made me want to go back and volunteer at a nursing home, or just go visit.
I will be there for my Mom and Dad, my siblings, my cousins, my family....
Old age is nothing to be afraid of, just be aware of.  Be aware that no matter what, your parents are who raised you to be who you are.  Love them and praise them and give them the credit they deserve.
Today...and everyday.






I love you, Mom and Dad.  To the moon.  Thank you for teaching me so much, and for making me who I am today.  LOOK!  I didn't end up confined to Mr. Tramp's office!
<3
Your patience and love are things I hope I can someday inherit.

No comments: