Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 79


"When late morning rolls around, and you are feeling a little out of sorts, don't worry, you are probably just a little eleven o'clockish."
~Pooh

Grateful for eleven o'clockish

Yesterday, things were a little eleven o'clockish.  People were a little out of sorts.  Regan came to me tonight, and asked me, "Can we just start a new day tomorrow...because today was not so good and my eyes don't like crying."  I told her, "Absolutely...and that my eyes don't like crying, either."  Regan and I, for the last 24 hours, have been more than a little eleven o'clockish.
I don't want my kids to grow up to hate me. I don't want them to grow up thinking they can't talk to me, or thinking that I don't love them....more than words.  I tell them EVERY DAY...and will always do this.  Rylee is entering the middle school attitude where, she doesn't want to say "love you" back to me.  It makes me sad, but every single day...I tell them when they leave for school, to dance, to gymnastics, wherever I drop them off.  I LOVE U. 
There are going to be days where things suck.  Where they don't go smooth.  Where they hate me.
I just have to try to remember, that I am doing something right.  I have to remember that "out of sorts" just happens sometimes.  And I have to remember, that saying I love you is something that I just will always keep saying.  Even when they hate me, and don't want to talk to me.  I still love them.
And always will.
Because, that...is what parents do...at least...that's what mine did...and, I have learned from two of the best people ever.
I tell you what~~there were MANY times in my life that have been a little out of sorts.  What matters most is...who is standing next to you.  And who will go share a smackrel with you when you need it, or just someone who will remove the fluff out of their ear just for a bit...to listen.
<3
That, is what matters.
Tomorrow is a new, bright, shiny day.  We get that gift.  I am thankful for that.
Love you, RM.  We will make it through this thing called life...and Rylee and Kailey...you are all 3 my sunshines.

No comments: