![]() |
| "We're just going to walk our kids around the block." ~Kailey Grateful for imagination Ever since Kailey was little, she had a love for stuffed animals. All three of my girls all loved their lovies the most. But then came Kailey...and not only was it her lovie...but EVERY animal this kid has....has a name, and is one of her "kids." And trust me, she knows when one is missing. She has a list during the school year that is posted on her wall in her room. She marks down "who" goes to school with her each day, so one is not taken with her more than one day. It's all about being fair to her kids. At night, she routinely says the following: "Good night stomach, good night heart, good night brain, good night self...good night God, I love you, good night stuffed animals, I love you, sleep well, and I will see you in the morning." Then, this song follows... "Dear God, I am calling. Please listen, its me. You know all about me, from a to z, you know when I'm frightened, sad or alone... please stay close beside me, make your heart my home." So when Kailey wants to take her kids on a walk, or take her kids somewhere, I let her. It's like they are real to her. Today, she was soo excited to take her lovie named Hippie on the train ride, as Hippie had never been on a train. Hippie has been on nearly every ride in Disneyworld, but had to go on the Boone and Scenic Valley Railroad. Hippy had a good day...says Kailey. I love her imagination and her love for her animals. <3 |
Friday, June 24, 2011
Day 169
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment