![]() |
| My heart feels. Does yours? Grateful for hearts that feel... Have you ever wished for something so hard that your eyes were closed as tight as possible? I have. I have watched my kids wish for something that hard, with eyes squeezed shut, hoping and wishing that their wish would come true. Have you ever closed your eyes in prayer, and found yourself lost in thought? Lost in memories of who you are praying for? I know when I would pray for Aunt Jean to get better in church, or in the comfort of my own bed...my eyes were closed, and I would find myself remembering her, seeing her and I doing fun things together, memories. When I pray for someone to feel better, for Papa to make it through another chemo treatment, for him to stay strong...I find myself remembering Papa telling me stories and that great Irish smile he has. When I dream, which I very rarely do, I normally wake myself laughing out loud. Then Matt tells me to quit it. Then that makes me not able to stop laughing. Our hearts hold the key to everything. Our eyes closed allow us to focus on our hearts desire, our hearts language. Our hearts feel, and we can only see when we take the time to close our eyes and remember. For that, I think, is what God wants us to do. To see the whole picture, to see everything through our hearts, our minds eye. Its the quiet time...the time when we are alone with our thoughts our prayers our wishes our hopes... ...that we find out what is most important in our lives. I have a lot of importants. For some reason, I look forward to closing my eyes tonight. <3 Maybe just to catch a glimpse of another memory of someone i miss. because God made that possible for us. Thank you, God. |
Friday, June 24, 2011
Day 171
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment