![]() |
| True. Grateful for being a kid Remember when being outside til sunset was how your summer went? I remember swinging at the park, playing hide and seek, hanging out at the neighbor's house until we were kicked out for being annoying and loud. I remember our neighbor Jackie, who used to let us have lunch over at her house and she would make hot dogs for us, and write our names in cursive with mustard on the hot dog. I remember just being able to wake up, play, have special snacks made by my Mom...and movies that we would all sit together and watch. (Wizard of Oz.) I hope my kids are finding happiness in some of the things we do for them, or with them. Today, we found a fuzzy caterpillar in the backyard. We laughed together. We all petted the caterpillar, and let him go by the creek. I just hope, that I am doing something right. Hard to keep it all in a balance...all in check. I just want the girls to know that being a kid is what its all about. Being an adult...being responsible for all of this stuff...isn't as fun as its cracked up to be. Be a kid. And love it. |
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Day 254
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment