Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 256

And there were green alligators, and long necked geese...a humpty backed camel and some chimpanzees, some cats and rats and elephants, as sure as you're born....but the loneliest of all is the unicorn.
~The Irish Rovers

Grateful for Unicorns

Aunt Jean and my Mom introduced me to unicorns.  I loved them growing up.  I loved everything about them. Magical, awesome, just something I wished I could touch.
I dreamed of the day I would see one.  The day I could pet one, or touch one.  Were they real?  Were they something that was made up?
I believed.
I wanted to pet one on the way to visit the gnomes.
I believed everything my Aunt Jean told me.
Her stories were amazing, and my Mom making them valid...made me want to see them someday.
The unicorns got a bad rap on the ark.
Along with the dinosaurs.
I think both species had ADD. 
That's that.
Or...they just liked hanging out on the earth drinking all the beer that was left behind by all the other animals. And Irish whiskey.
Unicorns are pretty smart I think.

No comments: