Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Mad Hatter's Tea

 
 
Pinned Image
 
 
Drink some tea with the Mad Hatter.

Oh, how would I love to drink some tea with the Mad Hatter. I know he's prolly batshit crazy , therefore we would get along just great...not to mention, I know he'd have it spiked with some alcohol that I would appreciate very much.  Wonderland would surely be a better somewhere than here for a change.  Anyone who knows me knows that Disney World is a much better somewhere than here for me...but it is what it is for now.  Something to look forward to for some other time.  Funny how lately the weather has been such that all of us have noticed in the mornings that "it smells like Disney."  This is the time of the year where we usually plan our annual trip.  This year we are banking points in the hopes that next year we all go together.  (Yes, Grammie, this means you and Grampie, and Bergs, too.)

Still feel blessed to have everyone praying and pulling for me and for our family.  Mom and I have spent many days together and not yet killed one another.  Lots of days of almost wetting our pants....but hasn't happened yet...thank god.  I can explain a stroke, and so can she, but wet pants...not so much.  Matt has had several come to Jesus meetings with the girls.  Some have been successful, and others have not.  I am doing 2 hours or more of physical therapy and occupational therapy three times a week and doing at home exercises.
This is how we sit today....grip strength in left hand is unchanged since stroke on all tests and worse on a couple of the tests.  *dammit dammit dammit* So, she said that they will continue to work with me until I go to Mayo and see what they have to say and go from there.  I "should be" making progress....but I am not.  Physical therapy I am doing well minus the left foot.  The foot still has no muscle control, and will not pick itself up.  Therefore, I have to wear the AFO...(Artificial foot orthotic) all the time to help me walk.  I go to Mayo on November 1st.  They will do tests on me then.  Left leg is still weak.  I am still having numbness and tingling on the left side of my body from the neck down to my toes usually when its time to take my muscle relaxer.  It's an icky feeling like my whole side is asleep and buzzing.  YUCK.  Headaches are coming back on the new medicine.  Not as bad as they were, but woah they are there again, and I don't enjoy that so much at all.  Also, I would like to reccomend that if you are constipated, that you refrain from taking Senna-S before a Physical Therapy appointment.  I didn't think that one single fart that I had in me could be a trusted fart.  Therefore, I missed most of the therapy that day, and saw much of the bathroom.  On a lighter note, I am much less bloated.  That is all on that subject. Well, and I find it funny that the machines in the PT area are named TROTTER.  Because I had the TROTS.

Each day is new.  Each day there is another reason I am thankful that things didn't turn out worse than they did.  Each day something shows me that things are not as bad as they seem, or as bad as I tend to make them out to be in my own world.  Each day something makes me laugh, something makes me smile, and something usually makes me cry, or just be quieted.  I go to bed at night and the kids "tuck me in" and so does Matt.  Coconut jumps up into bed with me until I am asleep upstairs in Regan's bed close to the bathroom and when Matt goes to bed, he comes to carry Coconut to bed with him and Regan.  (Regan has been pretty shook up about everything....poor kiddo)....but always so willing to help me out.  I close my eyes and I talk to God.  Most nights this overlaps Kailey praying outloud, or singing her songs before bed, so I am still and I listen.  Its usually the same each night.  Her song is "And He will know we are Christians by our love, by our love, and He'll know we are Christians by our love."  ~she sings the whole song.  I close my eyes and thank God I am home, warm, loved, and healthy.  I thank God for what I have and who I have in my life. 

Pinned Image


 
 I love the Mad Hatter.  :)
 


No comments: