J

Jiminy Cricket. Always let your conscience be your guide.
Today, at Mainstream Living, Inc., there was a new CEO and President named in place of my Father, Reno Berg.
,My Dad has been a family man. He has always tried to keep the company all about family and kept it at a high standard. Dad has done some really great things for Mainstream, including opening houses like Aspen and Baker, which are state of the art medically fragile houses that are one of a kind here in Iowa. I am lucky enough to be employed there. I have listened to my father tour the home again and again. It amazes me that in this community, Mainstream was able to take a home and make it something that five individuals with such severe handicaps could live so comfortably with 24 hour staff supervision. I was scared to begin working there, and now, after 5 years of being there, I cannot imagine myself anywhere else in the world. Those 5 consumers are my family too. What I can say, is that when I was small, Mainstream was not a very well known name in the Ames community. Now, Ames knows Mainstream Living as a place that creates success, enhances opportunities, and builds dreams for its consumers.
I am proud to be a part of this team. I cannot wait to see this team keep growing and integrating into the community.
I am blessed.
I am blessed to work at Mainstream Living. I am blessed that my Father, Reno Berg, listened to his conscience, and grew up doing what he does best...taking care of others.
(Dad, you know your Mom and Dad would be so proud...)
I love you.
I am happy you are retiring, happy for you, but also a little sad. You are so good at what you do.
I love you, Dad.
To the moon and back.
No comments:
Post a Comment