"I bet when neandrathal kids would make a snowman, someone would always end up saying, "Don't forget the thick, heavy brows!" Then they would get all embarrassed because they remembered they had big husky brows, too and then they would get mad and eat the snowman."
~Jack Handy
Grateful for snowmen
I guess one of the best things about winter is the snow, and when you are little, building a snowman. As a parent, though, you know how much this sucks. I would not want to squash my kids' dreams of building a Frosty, but it truly does suck for the parent, because usually, you are the one building the thing.
Its cold, there are runny noses, and perhaps whining going on if you are lucky like I was this particular day. (Whining is always an added bonus no matter what you are doing.) Well, they got built, and there was a little help by the two..and the third spent her time with this exact look on her face, ate some snow and cried at times. End result? I am an extremely happy Mom today as I look at this...because I remember how it sucked, but remembered how fun it was too...and their faces are priceless.
So, next time they ask me...I will without hesitation, go build one with them, for them, and take another picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment