Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 18

"The dog was created specially for children.  He is the god of frolic."
  ~Henry Ward Beecher



Grateful for Pele' and Coconut


Pele' was our baby.  She was born on St. Patrick's Day, and we rescued her from the shelter.  She was abandoned with her brothers and sisters.  She was our first "child."  We loved her so.  She would play, go for walks, loved to run, chase, and snuggle.  She put up with moving lots of different places and put up with each new child that we added to our family.  She was such a good girl.  Rylee would call out to her when she was two..."Pay-a-lay-da-lay-da-lay..."   and she'd come running to greet Rylee with wet kisses.    When she wasn't a good girl,  we had her middle names to use.  "Pele' Jean Marie!"  And she would stop what she was doing.  :)  Then...for blessing of the animals at school....I surprised the girls with Coconut...a Westie, just like the one from American Girl.  He is a cute little shit, and we love him.  He was a ball of fluff.  But...he pissed on everything that was Pele's.  (I found myself muttering, "I should have listened to Janice..."  "NEVER get a male dog....they piss on EVERYTHING."  Well, he did for about the first week or more.  Pele' didn't mind him, she just ignored him.  We had to put Pele' down two years after we got Coconut.  She was 14.  She was going blind, could not hear, and was weak to get up.  It was literally one of the saddest days of my life.  I lost my girl.  Our dogs are family.  I miss my ole' gal a lot.  Coconut is a good boy, in fact, he has earned the title of "The best boy in all of story county."  He is Mommy's boy.  I love him.  I love Pele', and I hope she really is up in heaven with Aunt Jean MARIE and Gram...cuz they loved her too.

No comments: