Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 31

 Austin George...14 years old today.
"Uh, Mom...I farted...must be because I'm nervous...its a bad one....sorry."
~Austin

"Aw, REALLY AUSTIN?!?  We SMELL THAT!"
~Max, Rylee and Gannon

"Ah, you see, I don't really need a Fairy Godmother...I'm an archaeologist...a collector..."
~Austin

Grateful for Austin George

He's 14 today.  When he was born, he had the most beautiful big, blue eyes, and the darkest of hair.  He grew into the toddler phase and he and his cousin Brennan were little buddies, dressing them alike, going places together, etc.  When they were two, Austin said some words, but Brennan was up on his vocabulary.  (I tell you this because of the following story.)  Brennan and Austin were often right next to eachother at the dinner table at Mom and Dad's.  They would often make each other laugh, etc.  One day, Austin farted really loud...which led to a one Grampie begin to laugh his ass off...and to follow that, Brennan yells out, "Christ Austie!"  (Brennan had a lisp, so his "Christ" was equally as funny as the fart itself.)  We nearly all choked on our food at the table.
Brennan and Austin would get in their Little Tikes cars, and Brennan would say, "B go fassst..."  and Austin would say..."gadela gadlea gadela "b" gadela gadlea gadela"  followed by laughter.
Austin also called Grampie "Lingus" for quite sometime.  He grew out of that...but he has always called Grammie "Grannie".  This kid...he knows more about archeology and ancient Egypt than most college grads.  He knows all about history, the presidents, the wars, etc.  He is a freaking walking encyclopedia.  He is his own person.  He is Austin.  He is perfect.
He is perfect.
<3


No comments: