Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 47

When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, 'tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing.
When Irish hearts are happy,
All the world seems bright and gay.
And when Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, they steal your heart away.








Grateful for smiling eyes


My Grandma's eyes smiled.  My Mom's do, too.  Rylee was born, and she had the smiling eyes also.  We are irish.  We are a happy group, toasting to whatever needs toasting, and we are ready to back up who we need to when its needed.  Irish family...strong...fun....loving...always there, supportive, but will hold a grudge if you piss us off.
Trying to find the good in today, after a lot of things that have happened.  The good is...I love my kids. I have a great husband.  I have my family here, close.  I miss my brother.  I worry about him.  Maybe I shouldn't, but I miss him, dammit, and it sucks that sooner than later, we will be apart.
My Wild Irish Rose was played at Gram's funeral.  And When Irish Eyes are Smiling played at our wedding and many other familial functions.  We are irish, we have smiling eyes, we love family, we love our "bevvies", and I love my brother, I love my sister, and Mom and Dad.  I love my kids, my hubby...and  I love watching my kids irish dance.  My eyes smile when they dance.
I'm irish.  Me blood tis green, and me heart beats a jig.
Listen to this song by Gaelic Storm.  Its a good one.
Don't piss me off. I have leprechauns and I am not afraid to use them.

No comments: