Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 46


"That's not sweat.  That's my body crying."
~Unknown

Grateful for showers

Really? Who knew...sweat looks pretty freaking awesome on me, eh?  Hey!  I'm in shape!  I'm round, that's a shape!  (RIGHT?!)  So, the couch to 5 k thing is kinda kicking my ass.  I am really trying to want to be a runner and to like being a runner.
I don't like being a runner, and I don't like running.
I will, however, agree with my "runner" friends, that a shower feels really really good after the run.  Who knew that this program could get my fat ass moving and when in week one, 30 seconds of running was killing me and I was seriously hyperventelating...now today week 5, I warmed up for 5 min. walking, then ran 5, then walked 90 seconds, then ran 5, then walked 90 seconds, then ran 5, and then walked a 5 minute cool down.  I freaking did it.  
I would like to discuss farts.  My friend Lisa told me about the "runners trots."  (oh dear God)....Not only do I NOT want to find out more about this, but I hope to God it never happens to me.  I think this is why I have remained in the gym running.  What if I was running and I had to poop?  That, friends, is what you would call sucking.  Bad. 
I don't want that to happen.  I also found out today that the smells at the gym are harrible.  absolutley harrible.  So for this whole time, I thought being on a gas hold was the thing to do.  Apparently NOT at the West Ames ARFC.  I have had to endure the smelly Grandpa ones, the cool college dude on steroids ones, the skinny girls ones, the fat chicks ones (me) and the Grandma ones.  Ew.  Screw it, I thought today...  Well kids, I let em rip today.  Awesomness was when the skinny girl (one time at band camp I was her)...walked by and got a whiff.  **chuckled my ass off**....sorry, but if ya'll have been working out like me, then you get it.
If you don't get it, then face it.  You need a shrink. 

No comments: