![]() |
| Famous Dave's - Hayward, WI. While you are reading, scroll down and push play on the video...have yourself a little background music... |
![]() |
| Late evening cruise on the pontoon |
![]() |
| All a bunch of shennanigans.... |
"Well our house it's not much to talk about, but it's filled with love, and "grown on Southern ground....and a little bit 'o chicken fried..."
~Zac Brown Band
Grateful for who we are...
I don't live in a big house. I don't live in the richest of neighborhoods, or carry a purse that is as much a car payment. I live in West Ames...in a small house with an awesome backyard with a pool, and deck, and a "beer fridge" in the garage. We have bean bag toss, we have a fire pit, we have a grill that has cooked many a burger...and we have fun.
Sometimes in life, you need to pick out what is most important to you. What's important to me? My FAMILY. My girls. Matt. (even though we are the Bickerson's)...my parents, my brother, my sister, and their kids. Matt's family, too...even though we are not as close...but family just the same.
We may not have all of the "things" that other people have. We may not have a lot of "things" that others deem important. Me--yeah, I have learned that "things" don't make me happy.
People make me happy. People have touched my life- friends, family, teachers, co-workers...and everyone I have come across has added something to my life.
So, my point is...someday, these people in my life...it will be their time to leave...or my time. I don't want to leave this life without letting everyone I know and love that they mean something to me, and that they have taught me something. We have a pool. It's hot as hell here in the middle of summer. I don't look hot in a swimsuit. (one time at band camp I did, though, and I gave a shit.) Now, not so much...kinda let myself go to "pot" as Gram would say. Nevermind, I am working on that.
We have a pool. We have a grill, we have beer, and a little bit of CHICKEN FRIED...
...COLD BEER ON A FRIDAY NIGHT...
and a little vodka too.
The goose shows up sometimes. And the ducks show sometimes in Hayward.
If you haven't been, this summer is the one. Come over, spend some time here, we love having friends over who will have a beer or five. We are who we are, and...well...the creek is there for frog catching, we have plenty of lightning bugs, and good stories to tell by the light of the moon.
Lots of smiles to share, and memories to create. Our house it ain't much, but it's filled with love.
<3



No comments:
Post a Comment