Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 88



"We start becoming a team right now."
~Herb Brooks.

Grateful for miracles


I can't believe I have never seen this movie Miracle.  We watched it tonight, and if you have not seen it...you need to watch it.  I cried.  We loved every minute of it.  A part of me wishes...that we would have had a boy, so we could be in the hockey rink...but hey, I am not having anymore kids.  (Even tho Grampie wishes that I would have the 12th....but I would rather grow a 3rd eye, and Matt I am sure is on board with that)...
I live hockey through my nephews Brennan, and new to hockey this year...Jackson.  Brennan is one hell of a hockey player.  He is a good kid, hard worker, he sticks up for Austin when he needs to, and he watches out for my girls.  (middle school can get sticky).  When Jack started hockey, he had ONE hero.  That hero was and is Brennan.  I am so sad that Brennan is leaving next year.  He was the first...the first and happiest baby born into the grandchildren 11.  We love him so.  We love all of them, but B...he "goes fast"....and he said things like, "Christ, Austie" at 2 years old.
We have a miracle of a family.
We are all so close, yeah, we have things that suck once and awhile, but we have each other.
We have a miracle of a family.
We are strong, we are one.
We are proud....



Proud to have each other.  Here are Grampie's hockey boys.  Funny that Regan asked me in the same week....to be a cheerleader when she is older....(much to my demise as I am less than impressed with several things to do with cheer at AHS)...but asked to play hockey, too.
We are a family full of 11 miracles, and Grandparents that would do ANYTHING for us.  The miracle is...we, too, will do anything for them, too.  That's how....we roll.
I miss hockey...I was a hockey sister, I miss it, but....I will live through my "boys"...aka my nephews.
Miracles happen every single day.  We just have to look around for them.  And...they will come.
Just sit quietly for a few, and you too, will find them. 







































No comments: