![]() |
| "See Mom, this doctors office has chalkboards....maybe the other doctors should learn we like this." ~Kailey Grateful for health So we went to get another opinion today for Kailey's hip and leg pain. We saw an orthopedic specialist, and she did some tests with Kailey (who proceeded to tell the md that her neck was also "very itchy".) :) Basically, through the evaluation, it was determined that Kailey's hip and knee pain are from a combination of things. Muscle weakness in her quads and hip flexors, and from her being so tall, and from her breech position. The doctor did labs, for the simple fact that she is checking for a certain kind of cancer that is very rare, and reassured me it was only to cover all bases. I know this is not the case, I am sure its growing pains, but when a doctor tells you that, it just puts a lump in your throat. Kailey heard the word "malignant" and said, "Do I have cancer?" (with a very worried look on her face as she knows you can die.) The doctor was soo good to her, and reassured her it was only to check for it, and that no, she did not have cancer. She reassured her that her legs are growing. The doctor was soo good with her. I will get a phone call tomorrow sometimes with the results of labs. I am sure they are fine. I will be setting up physical therapy appointments two times a week for 8 weeks. We will see what happens from there. I just hope it works, and that she gets some relief. I cannot tell you how lucky all of us are that do not have kids that are so sick with cancers, with little bald heads, shunts in their heads, and masks on their little faces. When Kailey saw Dr. Suess, there were several kids that had iv poles attached to them, several bald kiddos, and very sick kids. It made my stomach turn. I said prayers for those kiddos, and felt very blessed to have a child with probably nothing more than growing pains related to being breech. God bless the families and children that have to live in hospitals fighting diseases that they cannot win. God bless their strength and courage. God bless the child. <3 |
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Day 89
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment