Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 103

"PUH-LEEZE, MOM???!"

Grateful for the pleases

This night, it was "please, Mom...can we stay out a little bit longer and catch more fireflies?"  I am pretty sure I answered with a yes.  I am looking forward to the summer days where we can sit by the pool and be lazy, to walk along the creek and catch frogs. 
To the days where it doesn't matter how long you sleep or how late we stay up.  Bare feet and tank tops.  Sun kissed faces and cheeks along with the blonde hair.  Fishing with Grampie.  Packing the boat and unpacking it when we hit Hayward.  Cousin time.  Family time.
Friends and BBQ's.  Sunshine.
Flip flops.  Bike rides, scooters.  Campfires and smores. 
Just wishing summer would hurry up and get here.  I have three kids who deserve a break.  Matt and I deserve a little break, too.  It was almost 82 degrees today.  Prediction for snow this week.  Welcome to Iowa.
Summer, please hurry...we miss you so.
Please.
Pretty please with a cherry on top. 
Thanks.  :)

No comments: