Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 122

"Jamie, look at Dad...Jamie, look at Dad....say cheese...."


Grateful for that expression

I don't know.  It's the expression that Jamie has on her face here.  It often times means that the sun is too bright, or it could mean that she just told you something that was sure to piss you off, or that she is right, you are wrong, this expression usually followed by a "nod."  It's the Laurel and Hardy face.  It's the face that creeped the shit out of me when we were little.  She would do that face to scare me. 
I was seriously scared shitless.
Jamie was the baby.  Jamie was "Ramer." or "Shamie Sho."
She was a sleep walker.  She one time peed in the closet.  Thought that was the bathroom.  But I still liked her.  We shared a room, and I would try to talk to her, and whisper to her and she would be all like..."WHAT?!?" and I would be like, "Jamie...Jamie...Jamie..." and she could not hear, and yells "what?" (then she got tubes thank god)
Then she could hear, and we would sit up at night and listen through the vent in the floor to Mom and Dad talking...and one time farted in the vent and Mom yelled, "GOD DAMMIT! GET TO BED UP THERE!" 
Then we giggled our asses off.
Or it was Mom and Dad and Jason and I convincing her that she should pull her pants down in the car and press her ass on the windows to do "pressed hams."
Dad would be bored of driving and say, "Jamie, do pressed hams!"
(And she would.)
Wow.
And in the car, the station wagon, we had soo many memories.  Jamie was "lightbulb", and I was "cooler."  Jason would sit there annoyed with nothing to plug into....no escape from us. 
From car rides to things on our trips...like Jamie barfing Dinty Moore Beef Stew in the Campground office in South Dakota.  That was AWESOME.
I love my sister.  I love her so.  However, I will tell you that this expression that she has on her face here...to this day...scares the shit out of me.
(And she knows it.)
I also don't like the part when its her nodding at me like she is right and I am wrong.
I don't like that at all.


1 comment:

Tom&LiciaPettit said...

I love that Jamie too! I admired her from the first time I met her in Kindergarten. She was the coolest, no doubt because she had the lead of older siblings. I was the oldest in my family, so I had nothing to go on. I followed her lead a lot. Like the time when she carried an Emerhoff's shoe store plastic bag for a backpack instead of a real backpack to school and all I wanted to do was ditch my store bought backpack (no doubt saved up for by my proud Kindergarten parents) and carry a shoe bag too. She also let me hold her E.T. doll a lot on the bus and that was pretty cool too! Love that Jamie Berg!