Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 126



I could never forget you.  No matter what.  But I still miss you.

Grateful for you

I have been blessed in knowing you, Aunt Jean.  You have always been someone that I looked up to.  Someone who I could call when the world wasn't fair....or life wasn't fair.  You always--no matter what, would try to make it all ok.  You just would listen.  You would bitch at me when I needed it.  You would set me straight when I needed it.
I am sad, that Terri and Tommy had to have Mother's Day without you.  I guess we should have listened to Gram about the not smoking.  Smoking was something we should have just never done.  But, we did, and that is life.
I am sad, that when it was your birthday, Mom could not call you and wish you a happy birthday.
Saturday mornings are the phone call times, and I know that my Mom misses you every single Saturday.
I am happy you showed me the love that you have for children.  I am happy that you and me and Cam...and Erica could take many road trips to Iowa.  I am happy that you showed me Taylor's Falls.  I am happy that you took me to Mexico and we had happy hours with Coco locos.  I am happy we got to sing "Oh Saint Quervo, you are a friend of mine..."
I am happy you married Uncle Tom, because I have two amazing cousins who happen to be two of my BFC's...and I am happy you married George, because I inherited a seester named Mary and a beautiful little Sara, too.
Thank you.
I am glad that you would make an effort with Gram to come to Iowa to visit us.  Every year.  You and Mom were close, like Jamie and I.  I don't know how you lived so far from each other for so long.  You and Mom taught me and Jamie what that sister relationship was.  For that, I love you and Mom even more.
We all missed you this Mother's Day/your birthday.  You, are in my dreams, my thoughts, and my prayers.  You are in my memories.  You are in my heart.  Forever.  I only wish we had one more day with you.
You taught me that reading was something we all need to do more of.  You taught me patience.
You showed me love.
You, Aunt Jean...I love you.  To the moon and back.
Happy Mother's Day.  Happy Birthday.  We miss you so much here on earth.
Tell Gram hi.  Pet Pele' for me.  Just know that you are forever the coolest and most loving Aunt I could have ever grown to love.  You are amazing.

Love you.  And PS, Mom misses you too...but you knew that.
Thank you for the sisterly bond that you taught me.  Thank you for being you.  Now, I have one thing to clear up with you.  You scare the shit out of me...and loved doing so.  I saw this and thought of you immediately.  I wonder why.  Please don't haunt the eff out of me.
.
Somehow, I can hear that scary little laugh of yours.  I just want to go to bed, and this shit just freaks me out.  If you are going to hang out here in my house, just be nice.  Cuz we have figured Kailey really does talk to dead people, so don't mess with me.
Love you, Aunt Jeanis.



No comments: