Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 130

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

Grateful for dreams

Leaving Frontierland, we walk towards the castle.  Who do we see by the castle?  The Freaking Fairy Godmother.  I was so excited, I wanted to pee.  I thought, wow, the kids haven't seen her before!  Austin didn't want anything to do with her...but I talked him into it, and eventually, he got her autograph.  If only dreams and wishes worked as good as they tell us they do in fairytales.
I have wished for many things, and not had them come true.  Who hasn't?  I know Kailey has asked me why there are even wishes to wish when they don't work.
As a parent, this is where it's hard.
The kid wishes for another dog.  She doesn't get it, and then wishes are given up on.
If only we could believe in wishes and believe they will always come true.
Regan asked me why wishes don't work when you wish someone would get better.  Or when you wish someone would not have cancer anymore.
She wished that Aunt Jean would get better, and that her cancer would be gone.
Aunt Jean is gone.  Another wish did not come true.
Now, Papa is so sick.  Papa has cancer and they are all praying.
We are all praying.
But you know, I never expeceted a child of mine to be afraid to wish.  I have two that tell me that they are mad wishes don't come true.
The oldest, on the other hand...cries silently.  I had to text her to ask what was wrong.  To find out that some girls had been mean and hurt her feelings...and...she is sad about Papa, because she knows that he won't be here forever, and she is sad.
I wish that cancer would go away.
Starlight, starbright...first wish i wish tonight...i wish i may, i wish i might...have the wish i wish....
tonight.
Kailey is singing Danny Boy for the talent show.  She said she's singing it for her Papa.  It's Papa's birthday on the 18th...the day of the talent show.
We love you, Papa...and we pray you are strong.
We wish- that you never had to deal with this stuff called cancer.  We will see you soon, Papa.
We love you to the moon.

No comments: