"This is for my Papa. Because it's his birthday, because he's Irish, and because I love him."
~Kailey Kathleen
Grateful for Irish guts
So I have learned one thing while being married to Matt. Papa, his Dad, which I referred to as "The Judge" for a long time because he scared me a little...is one of the best Irishmen I know.
He can tell stories, he can tell jokes, he can rattle off Irish wit and wisdom.
He can make you laugh, make you smile, make you feel like you are a part of the BIG family that they have.
<3
He describes our girls as
Rylee: "She's a beautiful girl, that Rylee....she's smart, too. That's good."
Regan: "She's just like our Erin...she's got a little fire under her...and cuter than a bug's ear."
Kailey: "Well, what can you say about this one...she's her own little girl and God bless her."

Irish Blessing that I love.
We love that Papa.
So Kailey decided this year to sing Danny Boy for her talent show this year.
Hard song to sing.
But she wanted to sing it for Papa, because it was his birthday.
Papa is fighting cancer, and we are all fighting with him.
Kailey (no kidding) every night, before she goes to bed, says her prayers after we sing either "Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-rah, or Danny Boy." And we end each goodnight with "Pleasant dreams, God loves you."
She follows up with "God loves you too."
Papa didn't think (nor did we) that he would be out of the hospital after chemo to celebrate his birthday.
Papa got the best birthday present ever on his birthday, he got to go home.
He missed Grammy, and Grammy missed him.
We all prayed really hard that Papa would do ok after the chemo.
I guess prayers...and songs...and blessings....and some Irish guts to make it through this was just what the doctor ordered for him.
Oh, Papa...we love you so.
No comments:
Post a Comment