![]() A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion Garretty Here they are. Mom and Aunt Jean, at the Shamrock. We all met up there for pizza to celebrate. This is one of my very favorite pictures of them, because I remember we were laughing and joking about something NOT APPROPRIATE...and they just were giggling their asses off. This picture makes me happy. It makes me smile, and brings me back to that evening in the Shamrock where we all ordered greasy pizza, and shared beers, smiles, hugs, and stories. Mom and Aunt Jean had an awesome sisterly relationship. They were there for each other...always. Sometimes quietly standing by, other times, loud...but nonetheless, standing by each other, and loving each other one in the same. ![]() |
Big sisters are the crabgrass in the lawn of life. ~Charles Schultz Jamie, and I would love when Gram Hancock and Aunt Jean came to visit. When they came, we would usually get something the same...but different. The plastic beaded necklaces and earrings were a much treasured gift here. I remember the pieces popping together. We loved this jewelry, we played with it on many occasions. We always got something for Christmas the same....but different. (So in theory, there was not a fight). But usually there was. Jamie had blue and white gingham bedspread, I had yellow and white. Our baby dolls were the same but dressed in different colors. I usually did not like the color I got, I wanted the color she got or vise versa. (go figure). ![]() You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they're the only ones who don't get bored if you talk about your memories. ~Unknown I only have one sister. My Mom only had one sister. My girls, they are lucky. They have 2 sisters. My girls, they will one day be best friends. For now, though...I will try to help them through the "she did its" and the "its her!" and "I just wish you would leave me alone and stop looking at me!" Because one day, they will realize how very lucky they are to have two best friends that will always be there, no matter what. No matter what. |
Monday, May 30, 2011
Day 144
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment