![]() |
| "Never waste an opportunity to make a memory." ~Cam Kalan Stories left untold Grammy and Papa. December 2010. Hickory Park. We ate dinner with my Mom and Dad, and Grammy and Papa. We listened to Papa tell numerous stories, and laughed, smiled, and had our hearts warmed by just being together. The snowstorms hindered them from coming down for the Nutcracker Ballet. We were just so happy they could make the trip down. We shared pictures of the Nutcracker, we showed videos of the girls dancing. We opened presents and shared Christmas with Grammy and Papa in Iowa a little early. How very lucky we all were to be together. ![]() How we will never or shall never take another day for granted. Little did we know, that in a few months, we would be praying that Papa's cancer would just go away. Little did we know that Aunt Jean would be gone in a few months. Little did we know...that time is precious...because we were too busy....too engulfed in what we had going on around us. We know now. We know now. There is a God in Heaven. There are angels that protect us. There are always people by our side and in our lives willing to pick us up when we need it. There are always people worse off than we are. There are always prayers to be said, and hands that are out there for us to grab when we need them. There are always people who need our hands...outstretched...to help them. Full circle. For one moment, we get caught up in all about me. (At least I do.) And then, looking back, I see a Papa who looks tired, but gave big Papa hugs, and big Papa kisses to his Iowa girls. I see a Grammy, who is also tired, but happy to bring her boxes full of presents to us, and see the delight in her son's face when the Slim Jims got opened and the rest of the goodies are pulled out. I see a son, my husband, who is thankful for his Mom and Dad coming all the way to Iowa...but realizing that we need to be going up North from now on, as traveling is getting harder on them. I see love. I see my girls loving their Grammy and Papa. I see them missing their Aunts and Uncles that they are familiar with. I see them loving every moment with their Grammy and Papa...and wishing that it could happen everyday, as it does with their Grammie and Grampie. This is part of living far away from Grandparents and family. We love you, Grammy and Papa, just the same. We miss you, and we will be up to see you again very soon. We promise you this much. We will never miss another chance to make a memory. We might not live in the same state and town, but we love you just the same. To the moon, Grammy and Papa. To the moon. |
Monday, May 30, 2011
Day 147
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment