Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 155


"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."
Winnie the Pooh

Grateful for 11 "Happens"

Here it was.  The night before the Bergs move to Wisconsin and start their new adventure.  All the while prior to this day, there were 11 "happens" that "happened". 
11 kids that grew up together knowing each other's secrets, smiles, sadness, silliness, and everything else.
11 happened.
11 live and breathe for each other, some only days apart.
11 that would put themselves out there to help their cousins no matter what.
They always say, "Things happen for a reason."
I do believe that.  We have all been through thick and thin together.
This night.
90 plus degrees.  11 kids and Jamie and I, and Jason and Jenny, just "happened" to help load a 26 foot U-Haul with everything they owned.
It was hot, it was awful, it was tiring and we thought we could not go anymore.
But you know, it got done.  It happened to work with all the chaos and heat...and crabbiness.
And when it was done, the pool party was the reward.  Everyone was exhausted beyond means, but we got together and hung out.  It was bittersweet.
We all avoided the issue of them actually leaving until the very last minute...at 11pm.
Then...the kids began crying, we began crying, Mom and Dad were crying.  Gannon smiled through his tears here.  I was taking the picture through tears.
11 "happens" were together, living in the same town...for the very last day, and it hit them all at once.
Life happens.
Life is about new adventures.
Life is about holding on and letting go.
Every day, every thing you say, everything you do...happens.
Make it count, and be thankful for every single thing that
"happens"
along your way.



No comments: