Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 156

May the light always find you on a dreary day.
When you need to be home, may you find your way.
May you always have courage to take a chance
And never find frogs in your underpants.
~Irish Blessing

Grateful for Irish at recital time


The girls love irish dance.  They have loved it from day one.  They have had Allie, who they love and adore.  They have had Clare, who they love as well.
Allie has given them a piece of her life and they have embraced it and loved it. I dont' know how many times they  have been told to stop irish dancing down the grocery store, and library, and even in the kitchen when they just see that floor that might make noise.
They tap their fingers to irish.  They know steps, combinations, and they know they love this dance.
I love irish at recital time, because amidst the falling asleep of the ballet piece that goes for 8 minutes...irish comes out and slams their feet on the stage and wakes everyone up.
This year, I loved irish at recital because in this photo, the two girls who never get along...posed this way.
<3
It melted my heart.
Then, to offer each other some advice and direction of how to execute a step...
...makes my day.
These two need to learn to get along, and irish seems to be the key to that.
Thank God for their teachers until now that have shared their passion with them.
They have lit a fire underneath their feet which will carry them far.
I <3 Irish...and I <3 my girls.
The possibilities are endless.
To the moon, kids.
 



No comments: