Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 167


True statement.  I know nothing in church is funny, but usually for me, it is...then...yeah, not cool.  Can't laugh like that in church.

Grateful for laughter in the wrong place
All the time.  I always am the one that would start laughing in class to the point where the "holding it in" didn't work so well.
Eventually, noises would come out of my mouth, and I got sent to the hallway to settle down, or to see the principal.
(go figure)
I see this in our girls.  They start laughing, to the point of no return...and the snickering becomes louder, the squeaks of noise between their fingers become higher, and the eyes grow bigger.
Matt will usually say then...."Fun is fun, but silliness is something else again."
He likes to quote Mimi.


You know its really bad when you are in church with your Father, your sister, your brother and your Mother...and all the significant others and children...and someone farts...and the laughter starts with the pews shaking from all of us trying really hard to hold it in.
Or when Austin says "AMEN" really loud...that can cause a giggle.
Or when you just exchange a glance...or a smirk.
Or when you are like me and you think of something and out of nowhere, you just start laughing.
Spectrum.
We are all on it.
And sometimes....even though its not the time or place...laughter is the best medicine.


No comments: