![]() |
Grateful for grand things. I don't know what it is about this lake. I don't know if its because this lake holds many memories for me, for my family, for my children...or if its just because when we all arrive here...we feel an inner peace that cannot be explained. The loons call. The waves roll in. The fishing poles are brought out, the hooks are bated, and little fish along with big fish are caught. The laughter. The sweat and hard work of loading and unloading the boat and belongings, getting groceries, and finally...sitting down with those we love around the cabin, or by the fire. These...are grand things. This lake has heard many a story. Ones out in the boat while fishing...ones at the cabin, on the dock, on the boat. This lake holds many years for us...began coming up here in 1978, I believe. It is magical, it is peaceful, it is grand. When I come back home now, as an adult, I see and feel all the work my parents had to put forth to make this happen for us when we were small. It's no easy task...returning....the laundry...the unpacking... ....but you know... the memories and the stories...and the everything... is GRAND. I am grateful for grand things, and this year, most thankful for GRANDPARENTS who care enough and love us all enough to keep this grand feeling continuing. For life...its grand. And when you feel what that is, its awesome. Thank you, God, for letting us see what grand is. <3 Sometimes we lose sight of that. Thank you. |
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Day 194
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment