Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 225



"Dancing is like dreaming with your feet."
~Constanze

Grateful for practicing

I am grateful that we made the decisions we did as a family to go up to St. Paul to dance every week.  A lot of people think that we are crazy, driving that far for "dance" classes.
Well, anyone who knows us, yeah, we are a little crazy...but this so far, has been the best decision made in a long time.  These two, Regan and Rylee, usually are like oil and water.  Never getting along...Kailey usually falls in the middle and will play with one or the other, but then that 3rd is left out.
But since class on this Wed., the girls have been out in the garage, dancing to the reels and the jigs and the other music that is still unfamiliar to me...as I am used to them dancing to Lord of the Dance.
I am happy they are wanting to dance and practice harder.
I am happy that they wanted each step printed off from the website so they can get it down better.
I am happy that they want so badly to do well at this new school.
(It all makes the drive worth it.)
What's most awesome is...these two were giving each other pointers and helping each other out for once in their life. 
That was cool to watch yesterday...the little red-cheeked...sweaty kids out in the Iowa garage...95 degrees and they chose to dance.
*awesome*


No comments: