![]() |
| Said by my Mother and Father many times. Also by a principal or two. I obviously was not a good listener. Grateful for humor I mostly laughed at all of the wrong times in my life. Like when the teacher tells the class that she has had enough of the messing around....why was it me that seemed to think that I needed to laugh at that? Hmmm.. Or in church. When something happens, and you look up at your sister, your brother, or in this case, my Dad...about the "Saved a wretch like me" song...yeah, every time. Not because the song is or should be funny, because it's not. It's the wretch part that gets me and Reno every time. Because wretch is like retch as in puking. (We made that connection ourselves...Reno and me.) Then the laughing that you have to hold in and the pew shakes. (like no one knows that you are laughing...but you can't stop and then that squeak comes out of your nose...and then your Mom looks at you like she is going to kill you before communion.) Yeah. I wish we had these napkins in church. Maybe it would have helped, but maybe it wouldn't have. Hard to tell. |
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Day 247
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment