Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 261

Just wishing I was walking in the north woods again...with not a care in the world.

Grateful for quiet paths.

Wishing I could go up north right now to hear the loons.
Placing one foot in front of the other wanting to make everything go far away.
Always looking up to the colorful leaves that wave to me as I walk.
Remembering all of the good...laughing about all of the funny, and pacing slowly over the bumps in the path.
Thinking how blessed we have been for the time we had.
Wanting to know why we don't have more.
Feeling the warmth of the sun on my face when the wind blows the leaves in front of me.
The sweatshirt I wear fits me well.
Its me.
I miss the paths.
I miss the long walks.
I miss faces, places, and voices.
Hoping that when the leaves fall, so do our worries and cares...
Finding that each day things move on, might get easier, but never forgetting.
I need the loons. I need the colors of fall, I need no cares even if its for one day.
That would be awesome.

No comments: