Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 21

"Grandparents are people with silver in their hair, and gold in their hearts."
~Author Unknown

Grateful for Grandparents

I guess you could say we have had it very good, in more ways than one.  We all are here, together, in Ames.  Grammie and Grampie have been able to watch all eleven of their grandchildren grow up.  Grammie and Grampie love each and every one of them.  They are wise people.  They make awesome cookies, snacks, and give the best hugs.  They often remind me...to not be so hard on one of mine, and to just relax...and to say, "Hey...it'll be ok." 
They live for their grand kids.  They have and will do anything for their kids.  We are thankful for such wonderful parents.  They are two of the most selfless and noble people I know. 
They make us laugh, cry, smile, and remember.  Remembering is one of my favorite things.  Remembering Gram, remembering Aunt Jean, remembering family trips, funny stories, etc.
We should all remember more.  We get too busy with the phones, the ipods, etc...I like it when we can just sit around the cabin, play cards, and be around one another.
I think being around one another...and remembering things is one of God's greatest gifts.  In this, stories are created, passed down, and discussed.  I love my parents.  My kids love their Grandparents.  We are blessed in so many ways...love you, Mom and Dad.  <3