Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 40

You Are Beautiful
"Even when you feel fugly, you are beautiful"
~Unknown

Grateful for reminders

Right now, I find myself needing lots of reminders.  Pick up milk.  Get the dog groomed.  Vacuum.  Dust.  Get the uniforms ironed.  Get the fish tank cleaned.  Sort closets.  Comb your hair and brush teeth after breakfast, girls.  Wash your faces.  Be sure you have your homework done.  Do you have a hat and mittens?  Did you eat enough?  That wasn't  a healthy snack.  Do you need your inhaler? Let the dog out.  He needs to pee.  Go potty, Coconut.  What?  You need a lunch ticket AGAIN? Didn't I just buy one? Say your prayers.  Be sure to say please and thank you.  Did you charge the ipods? Is your phone charged? The rugs are dirty.  I have a meeting today, can't be at school.  I will pencil it in for next week. Lets read together tonight.  I have to get stuff done at work tomorrow.
Doctors appointments. Put your clothes away, do you think I iron for the hell of it?   I need to hit the gym.  Do better. Gotta remember I didn't get here overnight.  I need to fix this.
I need to remember that...I have three beautiful girls.  I have a great husband who puts up with a lot.  He also does a lot I am thankful for.  I need to remember that I have an awesome family...who will help in any way they can, whenever they can.  I need to remember that I am lucky to be loved and lucky to have my brother and sister here to enjoy the eleven cousins today.  I need to remember all of the good times I had with Gram, with Aunt Jean.  I need to remember that when something gets me down, I need to get back up.  I need to remember that....all the "stuff" above....clouds what I really NEED to REMEMBER.
One of many post it notes I have from Gram Hancock.  No matter what, they always had lotto on them.  I should remember to play the lotto...but I am never that lucky. 
I am a pretty good Mom.  But I am not afraid to admit that vodka sometimes is necessary for sanity.   I have great friends.  I have one hell of a family, and I am blessed.  I can and will try to find the good...in every single day, because I miss those people that are not here with us anymore to see each day.  I know they are there watching us, but I know I can make things happen...things that matter.  I am thankful for the post-it notes in my head.  I am thankful that no matter how effing FUGLY  I am right now, I have beauty all around me, and I just need to open my eyes and be reminded of what is right there...right there in front of me.
I am grateful for all the reminders I have in my life.  My Mom, my Dad, my family, my husband, my girls, and my friends. 
Remember this.  No matter what gets you down...something or someone will be there to pick you back up, and to remind you that you are awesome.
I promise.

1 comment:

Kelly Stewart said...

THIS is what makes you beautiful, Colleen. We ALL do the self-hate talk, the "I am not good enough" crap. Remember today that you are worth it, you are worthy and you are beautiful :)