Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 59

"Col, I do believe this is the most breech baby I have ever delivered!"
~Dr. Doran

Grateful for then there's three


Kailey Kathleen.  The third in our family of girls.  We were happy and exicted for her arrival.  She was very breech, and I told Dr. Doran at my last appt. that I felt like she was tap dancing on my bladder.  In fact she was...and when he went to turn her, her umbilical cord was around her neck, so he decided he would not attempt it.  (thank God, I had heard horror stories from Jamie with Gannon.) So she was a scheduled c-section.  I could not sleep the night before. I remember going outside, late at night and just sitting there, looking at the stars, and talking to Gram.  I was scared, I was ready to be done being pregnant, and I was not sure about the c-section.  The morning of Oct. 16th went quickly, I was prepped for surgery and wheeled back with Matt at my side.  I didn't like being awake for this.  It was like being in a really weird dream, I could feel them tugging at my belly, but it didn't hurt, and I knew it should.  Then, Dr. Doran pulls this kid out.  He said, "Jeez! This is the most breech baby I have ever delivered to date, isnt' that right, Joy?"  She agreed.  He showed her to me, I saw her butt in the palm of his hand, and frantically looked for her legs to see they were along side her body, with feet on top of her head.
Silly baby girl...when in recovery, my oxygen dropped and it was bad for awhile, I had pneumonia.  I couldn't decide on a name. 
Then I remembered Gram.  I told her what I had named Regan, and she was like, "Oooh...I think Kailey is a pretty name...you should name her that."  So, after several hours of being "baby girl gibbs" she was "Kailey Kathleen."
She had a beaky little nose, and I called her my little blue bird.  Her sisters adored her.  They were big helpers.  Kailey quickly became attached to her lovie "Hippy."
And all three played "tag" with their lovies....

So there you have it.  I had three.  Jenny and Jason had a fourth, and I was told by Grampie, that I needed to have 4 to make an even dozen.  I told him I would rather grow a third eye.
Kailey is wise beyond her years.
She is a 30 year old in a 7 year old body. 
She's a whipper snapper.  She sings a mean "Jackson" by Johnny Cash

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1171844530419" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1171844530419" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>
I love my Kailey. She calls it like she sees it.  She is a blessing. Third time is  a charm...totally.
Love you, kid.
And I love when she comes to our bed at 2 am and says she has had a bad dream.  Nothing I love more than snuggling with my Kailey. 
To the moon, and "over in Killarney...."
You. are . a blessing.

No comments: