![]() |
| "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than die with the saints...the sinners are much more fun....only the good die young!" ~Billy Joel Grateful for sinners The Belknap Lounge, Superior, Wisconsin. The night before Aunt Jean's funeral. Father Andy...is so special to us all. He knew Aunt Jean from back in the day...when he signed up for a TEC (Teens Encounter Christ) workshop that Aunt Jean was working. He remembered her, and she...was a key to him going to seminary school. He knew what Aunt Jean's personality was, and he loved her. Father Andy...he realized how much love was all around Aunt Jean when she died. Her brothers, her sister, and their kids. Her grandchildren. Her family. We all were there, and we all told her that she would not hurt ever again, and that God was there waiting for her, and my Mom told her..."Mom and Dad are there waiting for you...its ok, just go...they love you...we love you." Oh my God was it a horrible day yet a day where we all knew...she was going to be in Heaven, and God would take care of her. Gram would meet her there and for SURE reem her ass for smoking and give her a few "I told you so's." Well I can tell you this. Smoking sucks shit. Lung cancer sucks shit. But when I die, if I could be so lucky...as to have my entire family...holding my hand, and saying "I love you to the moon and back..." kissing my face...I will be lucky. Aunt Jean...I love her. Who would go to Mexico with me and drink ourselves into a bloody mess by noon, and sing out loud together..."Oh SAINT QUERVO....you are a friend of minnnneee." Then pass out for a siesta. She would. God I love her. All of us were together here, this night. All of us at the bar...laughing and remembering her. Wishing we had one more day. |


So Father Andy told us...that he was SURE that since Aunt Jean was an angel, that we were too. We loved that. We all told him we were very good, and never screwed up.
Then...he didn't believe us. :) (imagine that).
So the next morning at the funeral, he saw us all with tear filled eyes, crying..so sad. So filled with grief. So missing her already so much. He looked at my Mom, her brothers, her husband, her kids...her grandkids...and he walked up to each and every one of us before starting mass, and made the "halo" above his head and winked.
God Bless Fr. Andy. We have an open invite to have a chat with him at the Belknap in the future.
This priest...we love him. So did Aunt Jean, and God knew she would have a hand in him becoming a preist. God knew. And for ther record...Aunt Jean was a sinner...and God damn, did she have fun.
To the moon, Aunt Jean. Thank you for always and forever being there for me. I miss you and I miss hearing: "Love you too, honey."
<3

To the moon. Thank you for all of the memories. Love you.
<3

No comments:
Post a Comment