Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 75

A phone call to Aunt Jean on a good day in Hayward

Grateful for yer shittin me.

One thing that crosses my mind here is perhaps Jamie and I need to not have cell phones when we have been in the sauce.  But, Aunt Jean was at home, and we were missing her, so we called her and told her what we were doing, and no matter what we said, we got a "YER SHITTIN ME" response.
It was her response to everything past her 5 o'clock somewhere.
God love her.  I miss her.  We even had a picture board for her funeral that was titled "YER SHITTIN ME" that Father Andy put in church, and told everyone at the funeral that this was one of her favorite sayings.  Gotta love it.
We used to count...even her grand kids did, too...how many times the yer shittin me would come out.  I think it was 20 in one conversation once.  Its ok.  I totally get it.
Now, Terri and I sit up at night, and vow that we shall only have drinks on Saturdays.  But then, Tuesday will come, and, hell, something happens and we need to solve the worlds problems over the phone over some ice.  I think Terri and I are Aunt Jean wrapped into one...so there is lots of yer shittin me's that we say, too.
5643. 
Its ok.  It runs in the family. 
And, when Janice goes and buys some martini glasses and olives with blue cheese....HOLY MOLY are we ever asking what happened to Janice.

Its ok.  Just look at the bunch of us.  We are an amazingly well adjusted bunch of kids.
Yer Shittin Me.  We are a fine bunch of individuals.  Just ask us.  :)
We make our  Mamas proud.

No comments: