![]() |
| What a beautiful baby girl! |


Dad even knew she was a KEEPER! :)
Grateful for Mom
Happy Birthday to my Mom. Somehow, I learned that she is one of the best friends that I could ever ask for. She was brought up in a family so very filled with love...that she passed it on to us...the only way she knows how. We are so very blessed. I can honestly say that I don't think words can describe how this family got so lucky, how this family just knows that we are always there...it just is.
<3
I gave my Mom a lot of hell growing up. (This is prolly why my kids are like they are, my Mom and Dad secretly wished this upon me...and I think they even said once or twice, "I hope you have one just like you someday.") Now they sit back and giggle their asses off, because as most of you know, I have 3 girls...just like me.
So, all through the memories of growing up, I sit back and smile. The many car adventures in the station wagon. The life of the dreaded hairbrush that only came out of her purse on those amazingly amazing family bonding times in the car...on the way to ...wherever. Or the wooden spoon. Or the talk through your teeth face...which...I have not only inherited, but I recall laughing at this face once...and then she laughed, and I think it ended in someone peeing. I remember Mom cooking stuff we asked for all the time. Me, I suck at cooking. She would be up in the kitchen on Wellons Drive making homeade cheese balls, ice cream sundaes, stove popped popcorn...caramel corn...puppy chow...ahh...those were the days.
I think it must be that she is
A. too old to cook stuff like this anymore
B. she is sick and damn tired of slinging hash for people
or
C. since she retired, maybe that means you just don't have to cook unless its for your grandkids.
Whatever the reason, it's ok, we will all take the "SLUNG HASH" anyday she likes to offer it.
(Its getting to be a rare moment, but nonetheless, we still beg her to make her famous...something or other long enough, and she will.) And Austin will be happy to add, "Grannie makes everything with LOVE."

CHEERS, MOM!! WE LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
(and don't chew my ass out for this pic...it happens to be one of my favorites!)
Love you!
<3

No comments:
Post a Comment