![]() |
| This is not funny, but it was...and that's where I know Austin came from...its totally a part of my thinking. Grateful for sharing immaturity with the mature So we know that Austin is on the "spectrum". Jamie talks about this a lot, how we are all somehow part of the spectrum somehow. Like everyone has their own spot on the line of autism. I would have to agree. This is so true. I believe (and Jamie has pointed out to me) that when Austin is sitting in peace and quiet..and just busts out laughing at random, whatever he is thinking is funny as hell in his mind, and then the need to share that funny shit is soo right there. Then...its shared, and then...depending on "where" on the spectrum the person is that you shared it with...is either very funny or equally funny to them, or they are a person who has no sense of humor. So tonight, here I was, sitting at a ball game, watching my kid try to play softball. I noticed this neck brace and my head thought this.... "wouldn't that be funny as hell if someone went up to that person and scared the shit out of them so they would have to turn their neck real fast and then be like, OWW! My NECK!" Then I proceeded to laugh out loud and the people sitting next to me sort of noticed, so I was all like, "Uh, it's totally inappropriate....and I should not say anything if its not nice...but its funny, so I should tell you." I shared the story with my friends and one responded with a smile. The other...laughed really hard about this though/scene also. I know she is on the spectrum somewhere also. Is it wrong that I am laughing my ass off as I type this out? Yes. There is something wrong, I am sure of it. Neck braces are not funny nor would it be fun to wear one from a nursing standpoint or a patient standpoint. But I think because of that one little tiny thought of..."Oh, wouldn't that be funny if she was like..'WHAT?" and turned really quick...yeah, that would make me laugh. That is not right. It probably borders on messed up and wrong in every reason. Funny....but wrong. Still more funny than wrong. |
Monday, May 23, 2011
Day 140
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Haha! Austin's usually starts with "I just thought of something funny..." lol
Also....the other day we saw a guy in a neck brace riding a bike...who does that?
Post a Comment