Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 179


"Lights will guide you home...and ignite your bones...and I will try....to fix you."
~Coldplay


Greatful for fixers

I became a nurse, because I wanted to be a people fixer.  Or a people helper.  Or just someone who listens queitly to an elder tell you a story, or someone who holds a hand of someone who is losing a family member, or holding a dying person's hand.
I realize I have no power to fix anyone.
God has that power...then nurses, doctors, and patients have to do the rest.
I wanted to be able to fix situations in my life for a long time, yet I find myself running away still, even as a Mother of three girls.
I fix their boo-boos. I can kiss owies with the best of them.
I cannot fix everything.
I wish I could.
I would have fixed many things in our lives...but then, life isn't supposed to be "perfect" all the time.
If I could fix something right now, I would fix cancer so it would never come hurt anyone else.
Ever.
Since I cannot do that, I will try to fix my thinking about how I need to set things that happened in the past waay far away from the present.
I will try...to Fix you.
<3




No comments: