"I was so scared...then I came back here, to look at your beautiful face."
~On Golden Pond
Grateful for lake time
One of my favorite movies of all time, but one that makes me cry every time I watch it.
After recent events in Matt's family, and recent events in mine....I watched this clip, and had many mixed feelings.
Whitefish Lake. Our cabin there. We have opted out of many summers there, because we didn't have the time, and we were going to Hayward.
Not that we don't love Hayward. We do. It's our home, our home away from home in the summer. Its our place to just be who we are, and have a great time with family.
Whitefish...Matt has many memories growing up and going there. Now, we are just too busy.
And there inlies the problem.
Too busy.
Now Papa is battling cancer, and we have missed many a summer with the Gibbs family for stupid reasons, really...or for reasons that we just don't need the conflict.
(Or maybe its just me...which I am certain it is.)
I miss Aunt Jean terribly. I miss my Gram. I talked to Papa last night, and he is sounding like he is in such good spirits.
We all pray he will pull through this.
For now, I will cherish lake time. Be it Hayward, Whitefish, or elsewhere.
I will cherish the time spent with loved ones, because I tend to lose that in everyday life.
I will try my best to make things flow smoothly.
A little less ocd and over-reactions.
A little more of watching the loons on the lake, and hugging my family tight.
Note to self:
Give up the shit in the past that sucks.
Tomorrow is a new day, and you need to bring your best game.
*thanks*
No comments:
Post a Comment