![]() |
| Soo true. Somewhere this lies in the "Being a Mom" description. Grateful for Wednesdays So with the school year starting, activities in full swing, work, homework, etc...I find myself trying to "schedule" time for me, because there just isn't time. But, I need to make time to keep my sanity and to keep myself healthy. This year, each Wed. we are going to St. Paul to O'Shea Irish Dance. I will have time in the car, six hours to be exact---that's without stopping...to get a plan together. I can schedule appointments for the kids, manage things at work, and I can keep a clean house and keep up on the laundry. BUT. I need to find time where I can go for a walk. Hit the gym. Go out with a friend, or my sister, or my Mom. I realize that I suck a lot at being Super Mom. I will never be her. I just want to land somewhere in the middle. Happy medium. My girls are growing up way too fast, I make sure they have our support with homework, with anything else they need. We want the best for our kids, but we also want them to know how we grew up. I have realized the following after doing my September calendar.... ...make time for me even if its 30 minutes of a walk. Make time to plan out meals for the week, we will save money and time in doing so. Make time to write a letter to Papa and Grammy, and our cousins up north...and to the Bergs in Pewaukee. We miss them. Make time for God. Make time for church, and try to volunteer when I can fit it in. But most importantly...make time to breathe and be grateful for what we have...and not worry about the little things so much. This, for me, needs to happen. I am grateful that I can see this need today. <3 |
Monday, August 29, 2011
Day 217
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment