Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 218

Um...I am going to vow to do better at being thankful for another day.  Another anything.

Grateful for giving thanks to Him

If I woke up today with what I gave thanks for yesterday...I would not have very many things...with the exception of my children, my husband, my Mom, Dad, sister, brother, nieces and nephews.
I thank God every night for my family, and I pray that someday, somehow, someone will find a cure for cancer.
But I didn't thank God for the trees, the blue sky.  I didn't thank Him for the sunshine, the flowers, the birds, the bees, the animals.  I didn't thank Him for giving me the opportunity to work with people with special needs.  I didn't thank Him for a lot.
I didn't thank Him for giving me another day.
I didn't thank Him for loving me, and for putting up with how stubborn I am.
I will do better at this.  If it weren't for Him, there wouldn't be anything.
Not one single thing...or person...or feeling...or animal...or breath...nothing.
Sometimes...or most times...I just forget what is important, and what I need to do.
Sometimes it just means that I open my heart, and I let Him in, instead of always trying to do things alone and then being crabby about how bad things suck from day to day.
I will go to bed tonight with a different prayer.
I will, because God holds my heart, my soul, and He holds many of my loved ones who I miss terribly. 
I just need to let Him in, and let Him guide me more often.
Can't hurt.
Might help.
I do know I am blessed many times over with the friends and family that I have.
Thank you, God, for everything and more.
<3

No comments: